Board of Directors & Management
Global Cobalt Corp. – Management & Leadership Team
Ms. Erin Chutter, President & CEO, Director
• President and CEO of Global Cobalt; founded as Puget Ventures in 2007.
• Prior to founding Puget, Ms. Chutter worked for Platinum Group Metals, Mag Silver, West Timmins Mining.
• Expertise in management, finance, M&A, strategy and operations.
• From 1992-2001, Ms. Chutter held various positions for federal and provincial government officials, including the Leader of the federal Opposition, Minister of Indian Affairs and Minister of Defence.
• Ms. Chutter sits on the Boards of the Canadian Taxpayer's Federation and the MacDonald Laurier Institute, and is the Chair of the Canada Eurasian Russia Business Association, Vancouver Chapter.
• Ms. Chutter was recognized with a 2011 Business in Vancouver "Top 40 Under 40" achievement award.
Mr. Oleg Scherbina, Chief Financial Officer
• Mr. Scherbina is a financial manager with experience in all aspects of accounting and financial management.
• He has direct experience within the mining, construction and oil/gas sectors and has been involved with numerous mining companies, including Uranium One, Eureka Mining Plc and Bema Gold Corporation.
• Currently, Mr. Scherbina is responsible for the development of the accounting system for the parent company and subsidiary companies of Global Cobalt, as well as for day-to-day financial operations of the company, including contract review, payroll, budgeting and financial control development.
• Mr. Scherbina is fluent in English, Russian and Ukrainian and as such played an important role in the coordination and execution of all finance-related activities of the Bema Gold and Eureka Mining operations in Russia, while also managing administrative and human resources functions.
Mr. Paul Sarjeant, P.Geo, VP Exploration
• Mr. Sarjeant, P. Geo, has extensive exploration, project evaluation and acquisition experience both in Canada and internationally and has developed a solid background in company management through various executive management positions with several publicly traded junior resource companies.
• Mr. Sarjeant began his career with Echo Bay Mines Ltd. as a project geologist working on projects in the NWT, Archean greenstone belts, Lupin Mine peripheral project, and skarn properties in BC and Ecuador.
• He was appointed Senior Geologist, International Exploration Group, responsible for project evaluation outside of North America, including precious and base metals projects in South America, East Africa, South East Asia, Russia, Mongolia, Australia, New Zealand and Europe.
Mr. Mitchell Smith, Corporate Development
• Mr. Smith has over 10 years of experience in senior management roles encompassing marketing, sales, shareholder relations, corporate communications, public relations and business development.
• Mr. Smith began his career in the mining sector in 2007, tenured with the Petaquilla Group of Companies (Petaquilla Minerals TSX:PTQ and Petaquilla Copper (TSX:PTC)) (now First Quantum's Cobre Panama project) where he worked in shareholders relations and managed communications between the Vancouver and Panama headquarters.
• Mr. Smith is responsible for developing, implementing and executing all aspects of Global Cobalt's corporate development activities in its transformation from Puget Ventures Inc.
• Mr. Smith sits on the Editorial Board of the Association of Mineral Exploration British Columbia (AMEBC), an industry advocate organization for successful and responsible mineral exploration & development and the predominant voice of mineral exploration and development in British Columbia.
Mr. Graham Abbott, Shareholder Relations
• Mr. Abbott has 12 years of corporate experience with Telus, with involvement in business sales, operations and team management and responsibility for multi-million dollar transactions.
• In-depth experience with long-cycle corporate deal development and complex relationship management.
• Involvement with several public companies in business and corporate development (both strategic and financial), operations management and shareholders relations activities.
• Key member of team responsible for consolidating and finalizing the Salares Lithium property package into the publicly listed company that became Talison Lithium. Talison Lithium was acquired for over $750M in the first quarter 2013.
Mr. Jaime Stallwood, Shareholder Relations
• 30 years entrepreneurial experience managing companies from early stage development to multi-million dollar NASDAQ listed companies on both the operations and corporate levels.
• Managed a national sales force in excess of 200 salespeople for a national Telecom Provider while at the same time implementing national consumer marketing and initiatives.
• Key involvement with LML Payment Systems (a NASDAQ listed company) that was sold for $110M in first quarter of 2013.
• Has participated in numerous M&A transactions as well as subsequent integration, utilization and marketing activities.
Board of Directors:
Mr. Gaston Reymenants, Director Global Cobalt
• Distinguished career in mining, smelting, refining and metal trading spans over forty years, during which, he was also responsible for the financing of several off-take projects in Australia, China and the Americas.
• Served over 20 years with Falconbridge International in various managerial positions and was part of the joint venture with Norilsk Kombinat.
• Was managing director of Kola International Murmansk, and held director and/or senior managerial positions with several companies with cobalt assets including Baja Mining, Polymet Mining and KCM.
• Mr. Reymenants's wealth of knowledge in the cobalt and industrial metals sectors will prove an excellent resource to Global Cobalt.
Mr. Jean-Pierre Colin, Director Global Cobalt
• Mr. Colin is a mining executive who provides corporate strategy consulting services to boards and shareholders of high profile international mining companies and was was an investment banker, leading corporate finance and M&A departments of several securities brokerage houses in Canada.
• He is a Director of Premier Gold Mines (TSX:PG), Director of Xmet Inc. (TSX.V:XME) and is special advisor to the Executive Chairman and Board of BlackRock Metals Inc.
• He is the former Faculty of Arts Co-Chair of the Waterloo Advisory Council, founder of Caratax Management Ltd., a manager of public flow-through share limited partnerships, and a former director of Wolfden Resources Inc., Pelangio Mines Inc., Virginia Gold Mines Inc., and NIM Management, the manager of over $730 million of flow-through funds.
• Mr. Colin is a Member of the Bar of the Province of Quebec and holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Western Ontario, a Civil Law Degree from the University of Ottawa and a Certificate in Comparative Law from the University of Manitoba.
Mr. Alexander Ordanian, Director Global Cobalt
• Mr. Ordanian's experience in the mineral, construction development and investment industry, specializing in corporate finance, capital markets and private business, spans well over twenty years.
• He has a vast experience with emerging markets particularly in the Russian Federation and CIS countries as well as in Central and Eastern Europe.
• He has operated and been associated with various board and senior management teams, and successfully managed the chief executive function for a holding group of companies with multiple business streams.
• During his highly respected career he worked on key merger and acquisition transactions with a number of major international companies including Mobil, British Petroleum and Shell.
• Currently, Mr. Ordanian is a member of the Board of Directors of Imperial Mining Holding Limited and one of the directors of a North American merchant services company.
Mr. Peter Reynolds, Director Global Cobalt
• Mr. Reynolds is engaged by EBRD to carry out reviews of EBRD's investments for several projects in Mongolia and Russia and was previously the EBRD's nominated Director on the Board of IMHL.
• Nearly 40 years in the minerals industry, with high-level experience at various mines including being former Manager of Operations Planning & Mine Projects/Manager Mine Business Improvement at Olympic Dam and was former Managing Director Marlborough Resources as well as Mining Engineer Normandy Mining.
Mr. Ray Castelli, Director Global Cobalt
• Mr. Castelli was appointed CEO of Weatherhaven, one of the world's leading manufacturers of redeploy able camps and shelter systems, in January 2008.
• Weatherhaven has grown to become a key supplier to the Canadian, US, Australian and NATO armed forces, numerous resource exploration companies as well as the United Nations and other disaster and humanitarian relief agencies.
• Mr. Castelli was co-founder and Senior Vice President of Quadrem, a Dallas-based global supply chain and e-procurement company, serving 19 of the world's largest natural resource companies, including Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Alcan and Inco. His role was to build the global organization and product set for this e-business pioneer.
• Mr. Castelli joined Alcan in 1995 following business school in Europe. He was promoted to Alcan's Montreal headquarters in 1997 as Director of Strategic Planning.
Mr. Kamen Zahariev, Director Global Cobalt
• Mr. Zahariev is a highly respected and experienced international debt and equity finance and investment professional with particular emphasis on Emerging Markets and Central and Eastern Europe.
• Currently, Mr. Zahariev is a member of the investment committee at CEE Special Situation Fund and is a Director overseeing the team responsible for European Bank for Reconstruction and Development's (the EBRD) significant portfolio of restructuring projects throughout Central and Eastern Europe.
• He has extensive experience as non-executive member of the board of investee companies and senior advisor of investment funds in the region.
• In the last 15 years Kamen Zahariev has participated in over 50 significant transactions including project finance, M&A, private equity and workouts.
• He is member on the supervisory board at Prista Oil B.V. Group, is a member of the British Institute of Directors and is also associated with several business organizations with interests in Eastern Europe.
Mr. Marc Thomas, Director Global Cobalt
• Mr. Thomas, P.Eng is an EU National who is fluent in Russian and has worked and traveled extensively throughout Russia & the former CIS countries for the past 15 years.
• He is currently the General Director and Partner in IST, a technology company representing European and American industrial equipment in the Russian marketplace and serves as Director at Imperial Mining Holding Limited.
• He has served in a series of leadership roles of increasing responsibility and is a high performing leader, with strategic and commercial acumen obtained from start-ups and business development in blue chip and fast growth Russian companies.
• Mr. Thomas has also been involved with three corporate re-structurings in the natural resource sector. He holds an MBA from INSEAD (France) and a BSc., Engineering from the Colorado School of Mines.